Open Data Impact Map – is the first centralized attempt to collect all practices of using open data in business and non-profit companies around the world. By collecting as many as possible practices we will better understand how open data can give benefits to society and how to create successful startups based on open data. Beta version of the map already has been launched and anyone can add organization (or developer group, unfortunetly you can’t add personal project).
To add your own organization – fill this form. Now you can use different languages (including Russian). We translated it and if you found some mistakes – please let us know.
This is project of Center for Open Data Enterprise – U.S. non-profit organization that has been founded by our friend Joel Gurin, author of Open Data Now book. Also we are regional partner and will help to collect data and spread the word about this initiative. Also we are planning to conduct several researches based on this data:
- which business models are acceptable for open data startups
- examples of best and worst practices of use and publication of open data
- we plan to write full review of published open data in Russia
- how open data can help business to save money, improve operation activities and business processes
- how open data can improve effectivness of government organizations
- how open data can be used in different areas of business (from advertisement, retail till production, manufactures, etc)
If you want to participate in this research, please write us.